Monday 17 February 2014

The Winter Has Taken Its Toll

Ok, everyone repeat after me. You ready?

Bad blogger!

Ok, now that that's done with, I'm sorry for not posting anything since, oh, November? Wow. Can I just say that I shut down like a bear when the winter comes? This is my first real winter. I never knew snow could just keep stacking up like that. 

Anyway, now that we are seeing the tail end of this 100-year Narnian winter, I hope to be posting more regularly again. 

And we just had an unbelievable class in Loch Mich. There was a full set for the first time all winter. Eight whole dancers. And five of them were men. Rachel and I got a kick out of having our pick of gentlemen the entire night, and every so often, Tim and Dave would sit down to play for us. Plus, we had a new member show up who was more than decent at dancing. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience. I hope we get more dancers in soon (including two of our regulars out on extended vacation) and perhaps some Fermilab bodies as well.

On a another quite delayed note, the dance competition went smoothly and the chosen dance was submitted to Headquarters. It is slightly complicated little strathspey called The Jedburgh Arches written by everyone's favorite blogger with an original tune composed by Tim Macdonald. I hope everyone (including me) gets to hear it soon.

With regular postings will come the return of that special feature I mentioned eons ago. Later this week I will post an article featuring the aforementioned violinist and dancer extraordinaire (Tim) that is being published on Groupon. 

Stay tuned, and lovely dancing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment